- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet
- Freeze 6 hours or overnight. Remove, thaw, squeeze all water out (like a sponge) from the tofu.
- Crumble in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill and serve on whole wheat bread or stuff in pitas.
Greek Tomato Delight
Deli size sliced bread (whole grain is best) Tomato sliced 1/4 inch thick The Greek Isle Seasoning Vegannaise Fancy toothpicks, optional
- Spread bread with Vegenaise, place slices of tomato in center of bread slice, and sprinkle with Greek Isle Seasoning.
- Use toothpick to hold together and serve on a fancy platter.
Harvest Veggie Burger
3 Tbs. diced red onion sauteed in 1 oz olive oil 2 Tbs. diced black olive 2 Tbs. diced red bell peppers 1 tsp. diced jalapeno 1 1/2 Tbs. diced garlic 4 oz diced artichoke hearts, drained 4 oz black beans, drained 4 oz. chickpeas, drained 6 oz rolled oats 4 oz. white beans drained 1/2 tsp. Hungarian paprika 1/2 tsp. chili powder 1 tsp. dried oregano 1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley 1/2 tsp. Roasted Garlic and Red Bell Pepper Zip 1/2 t. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. ground sage 1/2 tsp celery 1 oz. olive oil 2 Tbs. seasoned bread 1 egg or 1 Tbs. ground flax + 3 Tbs. milk 1 Tbs. liquid smoke
- In a medium pan saute all the raw vegetables with 1 oz of olive oil. Cook till vegetables are cooked well.
- Remove and cool. Add the vegetables to the beans and mix thoroughly.
- Add all dry ingredients with the egg or flaxmeal milk combination.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, use the remaining olive oil and cook patties 2-3 minutes per side.
Saucy Ranch Sandwich Spread
1 1/2 c. scrambled tofu Optional 2 green onions, chopped fine 1 1/2 t. Saucy Ranch Seasoning 3/4 c. mayonnaise of your choice Optional: 1/2 red bell pepper chopped fine
- Mix together and spread on bread.
Tofu Egg Sandwich Spread
1 lb. tofu cubed or crushed 1 t. Veggie Chik Seasoning 1/2 t. onion powder 1/4 t. garlic powder 1 T. Golden Broth Seasoning 1 T. oil 1/4 c. diced dill pickles 1 small can of chopped olives or green olives with pimentos chopped 1/4-1/2 c. diced onion 1/4-1/2 diced celery
- In a skillet, saute mashed tofu till dry
- Add seasonings and mix
- Cool, then add pickles, onion, celery, olives and mayonnaise