- Saute onion in margarine until tender but not browned
- Add water, seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a full boil and stir in rice, red pepper and parsley. Cover; cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Put all ingredients except the cream cheese and almonds into a rice cooker.
- Fluff with fork when done and stir in tofu cream cheese and almonds.
Roasted Potatoes and Red Onions
4 lb. small red potatoes, cut in half 2 large red onion cut into 1/2 inch bits 2 T. olive oil 1 T. dried parsley 1 T. Greek Isle 1/2 t. Pepper-Like Seasoning
- Mix all together in a bowl. Spread in a flat glass dish and bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
2 teaspoons Golden Broth seasoning 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil 4 cups Fresh cut: mix or alone. (Mushrooms, green beans, squash, onions peppers, etc.)
- Put veggies, oil and Golden Broth in zip lock baggie and shake
- Grill in George Foreman grill or in grilling basket, or under the broiler
Pecan & Cranberry Stuffing
1 cup dried cranberries (5 ounces) 4 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread 1 onion, finely chooped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 ribs celery, finely chopped One 1-pound bad cornbread stuffing mix One 1-pound bag herb stuffing mix 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped 1 cup pecan pieces (4ounces), toasted 1 quart water and 2 tablespoons Veggie Chik seasoning to make a vegetarian chicken broth 1 teaspoon whole rosemary (broken up)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, pour 2 cups boiling water over the cranberries and let soak for 30 minutes; do not drain.
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mixes with the parsley, pecans, onion mixture and the cranberries with their soaking liquid. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the broth and pour the liquid over the stuffing, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into 2 buttered 3-quart casserole dishes and bake, covered, for 40 minutes.